Thursday, May 23, 2013

Slice of Life # 48 / 22

       I've recently purchased a book and I'm super excited about it. It's Q & A: A Novel by Vikas Swarup. It was the basis of Slumdog Millionaire which is a fantastic movie. Assuming that the book is similar to the movie, it follows the life of a young man who goes on to play Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, however, he was illiterate and had never been to school and was able to win. This shocked many people and the police got involved because they assumed that he had been cheating the entire time. That was the case though, because of his life experiences he had been able to correctly answer each question.
       I first saw the movie at my grandparents house a few years ago and always wondered if it were a book first. It wasn't until now that I actually searched and saw that it was. Needless to say that I bought it as soon as I found it and I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment