Friday, May 10, 2013

Slice of Life # 47 / 21

Ugly Abercrombie CEO
       About a week or so ago I saw on Tumblr something about the Abercrombie and Fitch CEO saying that he doesn't like the thought of larger people wearing his merchandise and that's why they only carry extremely small sizes. I also read that they only hire attractive looking people because attractive people working brings attractive looking shoppers. I almost flipped my lid, especially when I saw a picture of this guy. My friend, Bailey, said, "He looks like Gary Busey bobbing for apples in a tub of bees." I couldn't agree more. Also, he won't have the stores donate clothes that are outdated because he doesn't want people who couldn't afford his clothes to be wearing them. "In 2006, he told Salon magazine, 'A lot of people don't belong (in our clothes), and they can't belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely. Those companies that are in trouble are trying to target everybody: young, old, fat, skinny. But then you become totally vanilla.' " (NBC) Ugh, it just thoroughly upsets me that has happened. And all the while, I'm just sitting here thinking, "just because you're skinny doesn't mean you're even pretty." Some people are just very scum like, him being included.
Gary Busey

No comments:

Post a Comment